Key sectors in Aalborg
The vibrant City of Aalborg is home to around 10,000 companies and welcomes approximately 1,000 new startups each year. Companies are represented across many different industries and at all levels of the value write my essay chain. Yet, there are 5 key sectors in which Aalborg has particularly competitive advantages and ressources.
Information and communication technology
ICT companies and researchers invent cutting-edge solutions used worldwide.
- North Denmark is home to 275 ICT companies.
- 53% export to other European countries.
- Steady growth and future optimism – 83% expect even better results in 2016 than in 2015.
- World-class research and 2,500 ICT students at Aalborg University.
- A strong gold-labelled ICT cluster, BrainsBusiness, brings research and industry together.
- Rohde & Schwarz Technology Center
- Cobham SATCOM
Wind turbine industry
Extensive knowledge and natural surroundings back a strong energy sector.
- 46% increase in the number of jobs related to wind power in just 4 years.
- Particular growth in manufacturing and ICT companies related to wind.
- Extensive web of subcontractors.
- Wind power companies and researchers meet in the “Hub North” network.
- Siemens Wind Power
- Bladt Industries
- Mammoet Wind
- Universal Foundation
- EMD International
Transport and intelligent logistics
World-class research and a high number of transport companies form this sector.
- Aalborg is a logistic centerpiece that is directly connected to the European TEN-T transport infrastructure.
- Aalborg has a unique logistic location between Europe and the Nordic countries, including Sweden, Norway and Greenland.
- SmartLog is a large cluster of logistic companies and researchers from Aalborg University, Centre for Logistics (CELOG).
- CELOG is a highly recognized research centre within transport and logistics.
- DHL Global Forwarding
- Royal Arctic Line
- X-Press Feeders
- Mammoet Wind
North Denmark is a front runner when it comes to district heating solutions.
- Dronninglund District Heating is one of the world’s largest solar plants.
- District heating plants, consultants, suppliers and researchers meet in the FleksEnergi cluster with +180 members.
- Arcon Sunmark
- Neas Energy
- Aalborg CSP
MedTech and HealthCare
Unique solutions and living labs within medical and welfare technologies.
- Aalborg University is the largest health technology research and education centre in Denmark.
- Aalborg is home to the Nursing Home of the Future, which is a unique “living research” laboratory that combine smart technologies
and modern health care.
- Home to +180 companies in the MedTech and WelfareTech industries.
- Companies, researchers and public institutions form relations in BioMed Community.
- Mermaid Care
- LBN Medical
Case stories – why we choose Aalborg
A wide range of international companies have already chosen Aalborg as their preferred location. In fact, 26% of all employees in the private sector in Aalborg work in companies with foreign owners. Aalborg is also a preferred destination for startup companies.