The maritime history of Aalborg dates back more than 550 years, and since the beginning and right up to today, the harbor and waterfront have been stable focal points for generations, both in terms of work and leisure life.
The maritime industry has been an essential element in defining the culture of Aalborg and many of the current pioneering companies has grown out of the previous shipbuilding operations and the proud maritime heritage.
The synergies in the region continue to attract maritime companies, research and activities.
Aalborg University is awarded the best engineering university in Europe and within the faculty of engineering and science the Centre for Logistics (CELOG) is conducting research within Logistics, Transport, Industrial Operations and Supply Management.
Most of the research is carried out in collaboration with private companies and public institutions offering results and solutions applicable to a “real-world” challenge.
Port of Aalborg
Port of Aalborg is a modern port and transport hub with multimodal logistics solutions and the host of an expanding business park – appointed as one of Aalborg’s growth zones.
The location provides optimal opportunities for companies with global ambitions and newcomers will be settling in next to pioneering companies within green engineering and technology.
Reasons to Invest
- World class research at Aalborg University’s research and knowledge centre - CEntre for LOGistics (CELOG).
- Competences within e.g. supply chain management, planning and scheduling, operations management, green supply chains and logistics, value chain diagnostics.
- Port of Aalborg – Denmark’s most intelligent port.
- In North Denmark, the Danish cluster for Maritime & Logistics Innovation – MARLOG – brings together research and industry.
- Innovative local companies.
The companies say:
The Aalborg history lives on in Alfa Laval
Circular first in Aalborg
Aalborg csp - Aalborg equals Green Energy
Meet Claus FallingborgInvestment Manager, Invest in Aalborg