Energy and Sustainability
Aalborg and North Denmark is a living lab for 'green' companies. Nick-named the Silicon Valley of Innovation, world-class
companies and researchers are based in Aalborg to take advantage of the extensive knowledge and experience available.
Aalborg is well known as home of some of the world’s leading energy companies and researchers. Focal points include the environmental benefits of a better utilisation of excess heat from industry and production companies and the application of renewable sources of energy.
Companies in the immediate Aalborg area make world leading products such as district heating pipes, pumps, biomass plants, solar heating systems and energy planning software. In this way – and in many other ways – Aalborg is a living lab for various sustainable energy technologies.
Green Hub Denmark is a strong public-private partnership, based in Aalborg, working with green innovation, sustainable business models and large-scale testing in order to mitigate climate challenges.
Reasons to invest
- 400 companies within the energy sector.
- 400 energy researchers at Aalborg University (AAU).
- AAU ranks as the best university in Europe within Engineering.
- AAU is world leading in the field of power electronics where Professor Frede Blaabjerg resides. He's the most cited researcher within engineering publications in the world.
- World class researchers and companies within the production and application of methanol and fuel cells.
- Home to Green Hub Denmark that provides green test facilities and access to a huge network across sectors.
Energy companies in North Denmark
- Bladt Industries
- Blue World Technologies
- EMD International
- Serman & Tipsmark
- Siemens Gamesa
- Verdo Energy
- Aalborg CSP