Welcome...to the green hub of Denmark
Commitment, dedication and accountability is powering the green transition in Aalborg and the city is well known as home of some of the world’s leading energy companies and researchers.
As the challenges of climate change are increasing, new technologies are emerging. In Aalborg, the conditions for innovation have created a wide range green business opportunities within:
- Wind energy
- Methanol fuel cells
- Hydrogen solutions
- Carbon capture utilisation and storage
- District heating, cooling technologies and much more
Aalborg’s innovative business environment could well be the perfect choice for your next investment or establishment of new activities.
Aalborg University is the highest ranked engineering university in Europe. Read more
North Denmark is a living lab with large-scale test facilities across the region
Aalborg is a hub for green innovation, partnerships and synergies. Read more
New power-to-X plant in Aalborg will produce green methanol from local waste-based CO2. Read more
Green focus areas in Aalborg
Reasons to Invest
- 400 companies within the energy sector.
- 400 energy researchers at Aalborg University (AAU).
- AAU ranks as the best university in Europe within Engineering.
- AAU is world leading in the field of power electronics where Professor Frede Blaabjerg resides. He's the most cited researcher within engineering publications in the world.
- World class researchers and companies within the production and application of methanol and fuel cells.
- Home to Green Hub Denmark that provides green test facilities and access to a huge network across sectors.
The companies say
Circular first in Aalborg
The Aalborg history lives on in Alfa Laval
Aalborg csp - Aalborg equals Green Energy
Energy companies in North DenmarkAalborg and North Denmark is home to a wide range of companies within energy.
Please find a selection of these below:
- Advent Technologies
- Alfa Laval Aalborg
- Ballard Power Systems
- Blade Test Centre
- Bladt Industries
- Blue World Technologies
- DESMI A/S
- EMD International
- Eurowind Energy
- REintegrate (European Energy)
- Serman & Tipsmark
- Siemens Gamesa
- Verdo Energy
- Aalborg CSP
- Aalborg Portland
Meet Søren Kuch SvenningsenInvestment Manager, Invest in Aalborg
Søren is your green point of contact and he can help you build a solid sustainable business case - utilizing the strong green forces within the North Danish region. Søren has an engineering background, which will secure you a solid technical foundation and understanding.