Connectivity in Aalborg
TECH companies and researchers in Aalborg develop cutting-edge connectivity solutions that are used worldwide. The largest TECH university in Denmark, Aalborg University is forming the talents of tomorrow.
Did you know?
In the 1990s, Aalborg earned the nickname "The Mobilicom Valley"
Back then groundbreaking discoveries and developments were made in Aalborg in the mobile industry - marking the transformation from a traditional industrial city into a modern hub of knowledge and innovation.
Even though much has changed since the 90s, Aalborg's activities in that decade have laid the foundation for the connectivity hub it is today.
Watch as Jane Rygaard from NOKIA and Petar Popovski from Aalborg University gives a short introduction to the Connectivity landscape in Aalborg.
Jane Rygaard is Head of Corporate Partnerships at NOKIA.
Petar Popovski is Professor in Connectivity and Wireless Communications at Aalborg University.
Welcome...to the most digital city in Denmark
Aalborg is home to a wide range of TECH companies and the highest ranked engineering university in Europe – Aalborg University – where problem-based learning is the key to success.
The connectivity hub in Aalborg is characterised by unique synergies between industry and research. As a result, world-leading technologies are created and distributed here. The foundation is network and collaborations which sparks innovation and entrepreneurship through the region.
Business and research are strong within:
- big data
- business intelligence
- connectivity (5G, IoT etc.),
- cyber-physical systems
- embedded software systems
- health technology
- human-computer interaction,
- smart city solutions
- smart grid
- smart production
- VR/computer vision.
The highest ranked engineering university in Europe is Aalborg University. Read more
Aalborg is the Nr. 1 most digitally ready municipality in the nordics. Read more
Aalborg is a living lab - 5G smart production lab and many ofther test facilities are available for collaboration. Read more
Strong wireless and mobile history in Aalborg. Formerly nicknamed, "The Mobilicom Valley"
Reasons to Invest
- North Denmark is home to 650 TECH companies.
- World-class research and 3,300 TECH students at Denmarks largest TECH-university - Aalborg University. This is where the integrated antenna for mobile phones was invented.
- North Denmark has a history of unique synergies between industry and research.
- Aalborg is ranked as the no. 1 digital municipality in the Nordics.
- TECH and digitalisation as a sector is experiencing growth and future optimism.
- The national cluster for digital technologies, DigitalLead, brings research, industry and the public sector together – the cluster has a prominent hub in Aalborg.
The companies say
The brains make the difference for nokia
With 100,000 employees worldwide, the 70 Nokia employees in Aalborg might not look like much in the global enterprise. But the research, knowledge and foundation for product development that is created here in Aalborg, is making a huge impact.
Samsung Research Center Denmark
Gatehouse - international aalborg
For GateHouse it is extremely important to have the base in a city with an international mindset, which can support the outreach and export to the different corners of the world.
Companies within Connectivity in North DenmarkAalborg and North Denmark is home to a wide range of companies within TECH and digitalisation.
Please find a selection of these below:
- EMD International
- Intelligent Systems
- Rohde & Schwarz Technology Center
Meet Claus FallingborgInvestment Manager, Invest in Aalborg