"I think the business community in Aalborg is booming in a very cool way"
Interview with Rikke Holmgaard, HR-Director for Samsung in Aalborg and Cambridge.
Samsung Research Center Denmark
Samsung Electronics has 330,000 employees worldwide. About 50 of them are based in Aalborg and develop the group's bluetooth solutions. Read why the Aalborg department is something very special for South Korean Samsung.
Rikke Holmgaard is HR-Director for Samsung in Aalborg and in Cambridge.
- In those two locations, we’re about 250 employees. On a global scale we’re over 330,000 employees in Samsung Electronics.
- Samsung is a South Korean company with departments and development divisions all over the world and among them is, Aalborg.
- I think the business community in Aalborg is booming in a very cool way. A lot is happening both within small micro companies and large enterprises.
- Out here in the NOVI office area, more buildings are appearing in the cityscape and more company names are added to the board in the reception of Novi.
- In relation to international growth opportunities for Samsung, I believe Aalborg is a great location. No matter what place you can think of, I think to myself, why not Aalborg.
- As a department of a huge international enterprise, I find it unproblematic to be situated in Aalborg.
- The transport through the city is easy and convenient and it's no problem to reach our office out here.
- People speak English on a high level in the hotels, the taxis and in the restaurants.
- We don’t have an active collaboration with the municipality of Aalborg, but I have great confidence in the city, if an immediate need or challenge should arise and I think they would listen to us and act on the matter. The contacts I have to the city is very professional and service minded.
- A tiny example, without going into details, is a collaboration we made with Aalborg Events about an idea we had, which might end up in Aalborg over time. I still believe in that project.
- To Samsung, I think Aalborg stands for a combination of many positive qualities. Punctuality, professionalism, hard work, humor, modesty and humility. I can’t point my finger to just one thing, but I know, that they know about Aalborg, because last year at a conference in South Korea, where Most Senior Guy enters the room to speak about the state of the company, he opens with a recognition of the results made in Aalborg.
- It makes me very proud to hear Aalborg mentioned, when you are present at this huge auditorium and event.
“To Samsung, I think Aalborg stands for a combination of many positive qualities. Punctuality, professionalism, hard work, humor, modesty and humility.“
The brains make the difference for nokia
With 100,000 employees worldwide, the 70 Nokia employees in Aalborg might not look like much in the global enterprise. But the research, knowledge and foundation for product development that is created here in Aalborg, is making a huge impact.
Gatehouse - international aalborg
For GateHouse it is extremely important to have the base in a city with an international mindset, which can support the outreach and export to the different corners of the world.